Thursday, May 3, 2007

Celebrations!!!

I’m going to be a year older in the next couple of days. Not entirely thrilled about it – but I have decided to kick off celebrations tonight anyway. Rock God’s band is playing a gig and it was just seemed like too much of a fantastic opportunity to miss.

 

That was until my phone beeped with a SMS yesterday. I was surprised to see that The Ron’s Bandwhore Ex-Girlfriend had invited me to her birthday celebration…. at the same place, date and time as mine. So I’ll be sharing my night with The Ron’s Bandwhore Ex-Girlfriend. It makes me feel slightly better that The Ron is equally as unhappy with the situation… and his current (fabulous) girlfriend even more so.

 

Other than that minor detraction from the fabulousness of tonight – I have quite an interesting crowd dynamic going on. Broken Arm, No. 1 and Rock God will all be in the same room. Broken Arm SMSed to let me know he’d be there… and then went on about bowling again. I just ignored it. God… he really is an alien.

 

Speaking of twisted and psychologically warped subjects… I watched Saw for the first time last weekend. Man oh man… what was I thinking? I can’t handle scary movies… but The Ron rented it for a DVD evening at his spot. What I really hate about watching horror movies is that after it’s finished and the television is off – it seems as though the entire world knows that you’ve just watched something freaky – and that now they need to begin to act accordingly. The Ron lives on the 10th floor in a high rise block of flats – so I made my way down in the elevator at 11pm… completely alone… and then mysteriously at the 4th floor – the doors just open. No one there…

 

Then in the car on the way back I decide I need to try and escape the supernatural place my mind is currently occupying by joining some friends who are out on the jol. I phoned Kay and it rang for about half a second… then I heard her saying ‘Hello’ in a scary, groggy voice… and then the phone went dead.

 

She phoned me back about 15 minutes later – and sounded completely normal - but by this time I had barricaded myself in my apartment, all lights on, curtains closed and watching Two and a Half Men… the furthest thing I could find from a horror flick.

1 comment:

lordwiggly said...

I can't stand horror movies! Also get the creeps. Good luck for the dual celebration and HAPPY HAPPY!!