So I’ve been quiet for a while… okay maybe quiet isn’t the word – maybe more like completely absent. And I really really wish I had a good reason – like I was rescuing baby gorillas from bush meat hunters in the Democratic Republic of Congo or that I had locked myself in a sealed off underground crypt in order to contemplate quantum physics for a month or two. But no.
Although in between my last entry and this one – I have finally come to grips with a mammoth assignment at work, frolicked in the snow at Tiffindell, and I ‘almost’ had a relationship!
His name was DJ – and upon meeting him I was immensely wowed and impressed. Unfortunately, that didn’t last long. Within two weeks, I was already starting to grow bored and skeptical. He was one of those mysterious and rare ‘relationship’ guys – who just love being committed to someone.
It completely freaked me out.
He was asking when he would meet my parents on the second date. I was just waiting for his head to rotate 360 degrees and for him to jump out of his human suit.
So after a month of keeping things as casual as I could – he eventually wanted to know what we were and where were we going… The fact that I am phrasing all of this in the past tense is a pretty good indication of what I had to say about that.
So in retrospect I’ve realised that until someone comes along and completely sweeps me off my feet with his total spectacular-ness, I’m going to keep flying the single flag high. And to tell you the truth, I feel pretty good about not getting involved with someone merely for the sake of being in a relationship – shows I’ve matured a little because I would have done it in a heartbeat in the past.
So apparently 26 seems to be the year of maturity, intermingled with vast amounts of silly, drunken behaviour. Awesome.

No comments:
Post a Comment