Thursday, June 28, 2007

What's up with all the crazies?

So things didn’t really go according to plan with DJ….

 

On Thursday evening, at around 7pm, I decided it was time to call and break up with him… even as a non-boyfriend. I was meeting C at Blues Room to watch the immensely talented Wonderboom… and figured that was enough time to cut all ties with DJ and get ready for my night out.

 

So I phoned him….

 

Mozi; Hey DJ…. Howsit going?

 

DJ: Doing well thanks…. How was your night out last night?

 

Mozi: Oh it was great thanks… really burning the candle at both ends you know… going out again tonight.

 

DJ: Oh cool…. What you doing?

 

Mozi: (Quick! Think of something else! Anything!!!) Ermmmm… going to watch Wonderboom. (Crap)

 

DJ: Oh cool…. Where?

 

Mozi: (Ok, now is your last chance… anywhere in Joburg…. Just don’t say Blues Room!) Ermmmm….. Blues Room.

 

DJ: How weird! So am I!!!!

 

Mozi: Wow. Weird.

 

DJ: Great so I’ll see you later then! I’ll be there at 8! Bye!

 

So I headed off to Blues Room with much intrepidation. C and I bee-lined for the bar to numb some of the dread and we started to notice all of the delicious boys sauntering around the venue. I was gazing at the solid jawline of a tall dark lead singer when suddenly, DJ’s face popped into my line of sight.

 

Ugh. 

 

Sadly, this was also the first official meeting of C and DJ. Most unexpectedly, DJ proceeded to launch into what can only be described as a complete verbal attack of poor old C. I’m not sure if it was a strange manifestation of his jealousy that I was spending time with someone that wasn’t him, but whatever it was - it screamed ‘Psycho!’

 

After about 30 minutes, his friends arrived and he left C and I in peace. We had a rocking time, enjoying the bands, perving and gossiping. After his tirade directed at C, I decided completely ignoring DJ would be the appropriate action to take.

 

Wonderboom was sublime… Cito was sublimer…. Shoo wow. C and I stole a poster and got the band members to autograph it for us. It’s now hanging up in our office cubicle. We decided that we are fans - not groupies. Enormous difference between the two.

 

When I got home at around 1ish I felt content that no self-respecting man could ever think that there was still a possibility of anything between us after I treated him like he had the plague all evening.

 

A few seconds later I released that DJ is not self-respecting.

 

My phone beeped with an SMS saying that it was great to see me. Followed by an email the next day asking what my weekend plans were. It was at that precise moment that I realised his behaviour was no longer just hopeful and eager…. It was borderline creepy and psychotic.

 

But now, almost a week on, it seems like he has finally gotten the message. My inbox is blissfully clear of all DJ emails and phone is DJ SMS free.

 

I think I’m finally out of it.

No comments: