I’m pretty sure I was a rock star in my previous life …. Either that or this life is paving the way for me to become a rock star the next time around.
If I had been graced with the ability to sing (drunkenly belting out ‘I love rock ‘n roll’ with C at the Colony doesn’t really count) or could play more than eight chords on a guitar, there is no way I’d still be at my desk job.
I’m obsessed with all things rock… particularly the men, leaving family and friends bewildered as I go doe-eyed over tattooed and pierced boys (I can’t help it, I like ‘em a little dodgy). The way I felt about watching Rock Star Supernova on DSTV Channel 10 was probably the same way men feel when they watch FTV… or e-tv on a Saturday night.
But it’s more than just that.
From the day I turned 13 and was given my first ever CDs (Green Day – Dookie and Offspring – SMASH…. remember those??) my feet never really touched ground again.
There’s something magical about hearing Pearl Jam strum the first chord of ‘Nothingman’… something revitalising about watching Anthony Kiedis of the Red Hot Chili Peppers jump around to ‘Universally Speaking’… and it’s just simply dynamite to see Gerard Way of My Chemical Romance fall to his knees during the climax of ‘Welcome to the Black Parade’.
So put another dime in the jukebox baby!

No comments:
Post a Comment