Wednesday, August 8, 2007

The Grrrrrrrr Factor...

So I’ve been quiet again… but quiet is good. It means I’ve been too wrapped up in my life to sit down and try and get it down onto a page.


Interesting developments have included…

 

a) Falling for a soldier…

 

Strange huh? I’m still trying to work out whether my fascination with The Soldier stems from the sex appeal that literally drips off him, or if I got swept away by the fact that I met him a week before he left the country, intensifying all emotions a thousand fold. All I know is that it’s been a long time since I’ve looked at a man and been all consumed by the feeling of grrrrrrrr. There’s been quite a lot of communication since he left last week… and apparently there is a surprise on its way to me. Unless it’s him in uniform on my doorstep, it’s going to be a disappointment.

 

b) The Game Ranger disappoints…

 

So remember the Newtown kiss that held such potential? Turns out it didn’t. Following that encounter I heard absolutely nothing from the Game Ranger for at least two weeks. As an advocate of the ‘He’s just not that into you’ theory, I filed away all possibilities into the back of my mind and continued on as normal. Until an evening at the Colony… Kay and I were enjoying our John Deere’s when we spotted the Game Ranger in one direction and Kay’s Citi Golf in the other. As far as uncomfortable greetings go – the Greeting of the Game Ranger was one for the record books. I went in for a hug, he went in for a full on kiss – he collided into my cheek leaving a soggy reminder of what he had been aiming for. Terrible. He was completely sloshed and I avoided him for the rest of the night. Then a couple of days later he sent me a message on Facebook inviting me to his family’s game farm for the weekend… huh??? Of course, I turned the invitation down…. He’s almost more socially inept than Broken Arm. I’m half-past over it.

 

c) I’m heading back to East Africa next month

 

A work trip to Kenya was sprung upon me, to my utter delight. I’ll be spending a night in at the Serena hotel in Nairobi, before heading to Mombasa for three nights… God, I love my job.

 

d) I’m off to the Koppi this weekend…

 

It’s going to be a weekend of rock, drunken debauchery, sleepless nights and a million cigarettes as I head off with C to Oppikoppi tomorrow. There will be stories…. many, many stories…. So stay tuned for next week’s edition!

 

No comments: