Something weird is going on… I’ve turned into Martha Stewart.
I made a lasagne from scratch on Tuesday night. I’ve never attempted anything of the sort in my entire life. I was one step away from pounding eggs and flour together and making my own pasta sheets.
It all began after returning from Phase III and IV of the December road trip (which I didn’t get around to blogging about). It seems that something about staying in tents and backpackers and living off 2 minute noodles and other items that require no refrigeration for a week made me crave domestication.
My dishes are always gleaming and surfaces are scrubbed clean with intense determination.
It’s extremely out of character and making me uneasy.
The first time my mother gave me dishes to dry… (note, I didn’t even have to wash them) I kept pretending to ‘accidentally’ drop them so that she wouldn't ask me to do it anymore. And with regard to cooking, if the preparation required anything more than ‘remove packaging and peel off plastic sleeve’ – I wasn’t interested.
Am I growing up?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
dear God i hope not... ;)
Oh my god the horror!
Naah I don't think so, I love cooking but I'm the biggest kid ever ;)
So cute! There's nothing wrong with becoming domesticated, as long as it makes you happy.
I'd love to be like that... and the funny thing is that I do feel proud of myself when my flat is sparkly, but I'm so lazy, it just doesn't happen very often.
The smell of clean linen... (her eyes shine) and the sight of a sparkly kitchen floor (eyes get wider) makes me very happy.
Alas, if only I could muster the energy for it to happen on a daily basis.
@sweets - me too... I'm sure it's just a phase and I'll be back to my woolies microwave meals in no time.
@miss m - good good... I suppose it was the inevitable next step with the recipe book fixation :)
@youmeher - It may make me happy, but it also makes me dorky... how will FD ever continue to see me as a sex goddess if I have a toilet brush in one hand and a rolling pin in the other. Hehehe, no it's honestly no where near that bad yet :)
@youmeher - can someone say Monica from Friends?
@msmozi - don't worry babe, i'm sure it's just a phase. You'll be back to pigsty kitchens and egg on toast in no time! ;-)
what's happened to you???????????
good point sweets... where are you hiding?!?!?
Post a Comment