Friday, March 28, 2008

It's been a while...

Oops.I’ve been quiet. This is not on account of a cleaning/lasagne cooking/jersey knitting domestification spree – as you might have guessed from the previous post. It’s really just on account of not being able to face a computer screen at the end a spate of overworkedness. (Apparently since I’ve returned I’ve begun to enjoy making up words).

But other than the craziness of the working day – life has been good.Here’s what’s happened in the past two months:
  • I went to Mauritius for a holiday with FD. The place is heaven on earth. I could live there. I don’t usually wonder what it would be like to live in a country I visit, but this time we were staying in FD’s cousin’s house – so it made me imagine what it would be like to call Mauritius home. We met quite a few South Africans that live in the area. I’ve never felt so insanely jealous over some else’s lifestyle, as I felt then.
  • I’ve climbed two 17s... only climbers aka Miss M will appreciate this fact, but I’m pretty proud of it. I’ve also blown my budget on climbing shoes and a harness. But they are both super flash and I’m loving them. (Even though the shoes make my feet orange)
  • I’ve got someone reporting to me at work, for the first time ever. I don’t know that I’m boss material.
  • I went to Coke Fest... ugh... hated it. Left after Good Charlotte. Of course everyone I know says the concert only got good after that point, but I don’t believe them.
  • I’ve begun planning a trip to Namibia – woohoo!
  • I’m pretty keen to move to Cape Town. FD and I have set a deadline of two years to make the move.
  • I’m still insanely-besottedly-head-over-heels-can’t-see-straight-crazy-in-love with FD.

So apparently I haven’t been up to much at all! Anyways – this was just a quick catch up post to say...


I’m back!

5 comments:

Lopz said...

Welcome back chick - we've missed you!

The Divine Miss M said...

WELCOME BACK!!

And yes, I be very proud of you :)

I just got back from a hectic 4 day climbing trip outdoors. Was amazing. Got some real leading in to!! Soooooo scary! :)

Sweets said...

hey you!!!!!!!!! i wondered if you got sucked into oblivion or what??!! hmmm you are so in love it's oozing all over the place... that's a good thing no worries!! hehe

don't be a stranger ok??!!!!!!

Jam said...

@lopz - thanks! glad to be back :)

@Miss M - yikes, also tried leading for the first time... on a 12... and fell... hehe, it'll get better with practice I reckon!

@sweets - Apologies for the oozing... I think my post today is a little less oozy :)

Anonymous said...

Yo, and there I was wondering if there's something up with my RSS...

Welcome back.