I’ve noticed a disturbing trend – whenever I enter into a relationship, I tend to gain weight. I know I’m not alone in this – but can’t help but wonder why it is??
Perhaps it’s because I’m not going out as much – and a good evening usually involves cooking some friends a decadent dinner or going out to restaurants.
Also – there’s the fact that men can usually eat whatever they want without having to worry about weight gain (well all the ones I’ve dated). FD’s physique is quite literally perfection – mostly because he’s an exercise junkie – and he can eat as much of whatever he wants without it having any effect. Watching him tuck into pastas and burgers while I pick at my dressing-free salad is depressing beyond belief.
With all of this in mind – I need to try and change what I can... and with a new job will come a new exercise regime! Rock climbing doesn’t really do much good aside from a little toning... the muscles that do the most work are my forearms – which isn’t exactly the part of my body I’m hoping to target.
So it’s off to gym for me! I’ve always been happiest on a treadmill, but reckon it’s time to don the spandex (not really) and give the group classes a bash. That together with regular gymnastic love-making sessions (I read an article that said that 21 orgasms per month lower men’s risk of prostate cancer, so it’s for FD’s sake) should get me into a better shape by the time summer rolls around.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
Ha ha, this is so funny because my sister mentioned to her boyfriend recently that she thinks she's picked up some weight (kinda hoping he would say: "No ways babe, you're as hot as the day I met you!") and he replied: "Both of us have!"
We had a good laugh about it because it doesn't upset her, they are so happy and can be that honest with each other!
MM is also has a super hot bod and can eat what he wants! So I have started exercising, which is obviously for me, but also I don't want to be the lard ass on the couch with the hottie boy! I reckon it's great doing exercise for so many reasons as long as you enjoy it and those gynmastic sex sessions sound right up my ally - ha ha!
it's true, i think girls feel "safe" and then just let go... i dunno, but it's a fact! LOL@21 orgasms, well do your best to keep FD safe :)~
I suppose it is true...my weight gian has normally got to do with health issues rather then a bf tho. And this time my bf got me into rock climbing which alone has helped me loose 10 Kg's!! and that is also with me putting muscle on from the climbing. I find my lack of height pushes me to use my leg ass and stomach muscles more as i cant always reach grips !!!
lol... its so funny you blogged this because i was just griping to myself about the kilos i've gained since my glugs and i hooked up!
Group classes are the way to go - the instructor stands at the front and motivates you to work, and you are surrounded by other people who look just as lame as you do, huffing and puffing in their spandex (and many of them much much lamer). I love group classes! Safety in numbers.
@BB - Your sister is much more comfortable than I - I think if that was FDs response I'd run out my flat and immediately start doing laps around the complex... although the other day he said something about my little tummy being cute... I threw such a glare at him I think he realised never to do it again.
@sweets - I'm not sure... I don't feel like I've just let go, it's not like a stomp around the house in tracksuits with unwashed hair so perhaps there's hope for me yet.
@midnite gem - Wow - you must literally be climbing your ass off. I haven't really noticed any difference in muscle tone from climbing except in my forearms. I think belaying used to help my biceps before we bought a gri-gri and now I don't have to use them much at all. Perhaps I'm just not climbing enough!
@angel - glad to hear I'm not alone in this.
@tamara - agreed - and I reckon being in a class will motivate me to work out for longer as it's difficult to run out of a class mid way!
no! i was talking in general... wsn't talking about you specifically... oops :)
@sweets - no worries, it wasn't taken personally :) it just raises an interesting point. I think often men let themselves go way before women do... especially when it comes to the usual burping and farting that suddenly is no longer hidden a few months down the line (Thank God FD doesn't do this but boy oh boy did some of my exes let it all out!!!) - Women usually tend to still try and maintain some sort of allure :)
I think the general assumption is true for most women - we feel comfortable in a long relationship and therefore relax a little. This is a good thing, as long as it's not too much - guys are visual creatures after all. I know my man would love me no matter what, but the fact that he thinks I'm sexy and never hesitates to tell is very motivating for me to stay in shape. That said, I adore the fact that I can sit on the couch with him and totally pig out, and he appreciates that too! It just means 15 more mins on the treadmill the next day ;-)
Good luck getting into shape. Ive just started going back to gym because I will be dreading the bikini this summer if i dont...grrrr.....
I dont think i'm climbing nearly enough. Am only getting to the wall once a week on average. I do think because i went from such a low level of activity to such a high level of activity it has cause my body to get fitter faster and therefore loose weight more. with climbing i've found that my calf, upper abs and all my arms have built muscles even my back muscles have become much stronger and built. As i said i think it is cause i'm shorter and tend to have to push all parts of my body harder. Am only 5.0ft!! So have become pretty good at high step moves and using my legs more.
wow...gymnastic sex...if u ever write a book or make a "how to" video, please send it to my wife:)...thx
what's happened to you??? cooeeeeeeeeeeeeeee anybody out there?
:(
Hey MsMozi, you haven't blogged in over a month ?! At least drop us a short post just to let us avid readers know you're okay ... please :)
Post a Comment