Is it weird that I'm considering moving to a new apartment just so I can get one of these...??

I'm a serious Yorkshire Terrier fan. The obsession started with my first Yorkie when I was about twelve years ago. She was classic Yorkie - she would only sit in the front seat of the car and would only eat roast chicken from Woolworths (we tried Pick 'n Pay but she was having none of it). She had so many fans her popularity pretty much reached cult status. She lived until she was about 15, which is seriously good going by Yorkie standards (which might say something about the health benefits of Woolies free range chicken!)
I always knew I'd get another Yorkie - it was just a matter of waiting until the right time. Then, while at the coast this December I was quite literally bombarded by Yorkies. It was a Yorkie-fest. Everyone in the world seemed to have one except for me, and it made me start to question why the hell not? I work from home now, so I wouldn't have to leave it alone for long periods of time - and I have parents who can dog sit when I go away (they don't sound too keen on this, but they'll succumb eventually).
But a fairly significant obstacle remains - a zero pet policy at my complex. And I have the neighbours from hell that will definitely kick up a stink the first time they hear a bark. Yup... they'd boot me out even if my yorkie had a face like this...
(unthinkable..... I know)For the record... this has absolutely nothing to do with general broodiness - this is purely about the Yorkies. So time will tell, but I'm holding thumbs that I may find myself Yorkie-friendly during the course of 2009.

3 comments:
Now this I can't understand. I like proper dogs - big, friendly, slobbery dogs. Pugs, Yorkies, Maltese poodles and other yappie little things are not real dogs.
But those pics are really cute ;-)
Cutie, I WISH I could get a pet - our complex also has a strict no pet policy.
i'm a cat person myself... but they are ever so cute!
:D
Post a Comment