Monday, November 5, 2007

Beginnings

So I’ve been both putting off this post and looking forward to writing it for the past week.

 

It appears that I’ve found myself a boyfriend. And I’m now able to say the word ‘boyfriend’ without flinching. (But I haven’t quite reached the point of changing my relationship status on Facebook).


On Saturday last week I finally reached the decision to drop Mr S and make a go of things with FD. And since then things have just been quite simply spectacular. I’m scared to say all of this, even as I type, I’m terrified of jinxing the fabulousness of the past few days. I suppose I’m still struggling to believe that I met someone like FD at The Colony of all places.

 

There’s already this complete feeling of ease and comfort between the two of us – coupled with the crazy butterflies and infatuation that accompanies the beginning of an exciting relationship. Loads of laughter, goose bump inducing kisses as we try to learn as much about each other as possible while avoiding looking at the clock ticking over to the early hours of the next morning.

 

But it still feels a little like I’m standing at the edge of a cliff, with one foot dangling over the void, deciding whether to jump or not. FD, being the gorgeously alive and spontaneous soul he is has already happily leapt down and is waiting for me to join him there. It’s because I really really like him, and along with that comes the possibility of really really getting my heart broken.  

 

But for now I’m waking up each morning with a giant grin on my face.  

9 comments:

Sweets said...

i know how you feel, but if i got a chance like again, i'll jump for sure... yes it's true you may get hurt, but maybe you wont...

JUMP GIRL!!!

The Divine Miss M said...

Ah that's wonderful :) I'm so glad to hear it!

Jump right in, you can only find happiness in taking risks :)

Lopz said...

Jump jump jump! (this is not chanted in the manner of people waiting to witness a suicide)

"It's better to have loved and lost" and all that. The rewards are greater than the risks.

I'm very happy for you, crossing fingers that it works out fantastically. ;-)

Mr R Rabbit said...

Congratulations, I hope it all works out for you. Have fun, and enjoy it. Risks are what make life interesting.

Patchwork said...

You better jump! Jump NOW! And best f luck on the landing.

phillygirl said...

Yay for you! Enjoy the sweet bliss of discovering someone new :)

lordwiggly said...

Whatsup with all these people hooking up in the spring? I'm gonna have to guard my single mates ferociously from now on!

Jam said...

Thanks everyone! And as Lopz pointed out, it does sound a little like you’re all encouraging me to commit suicide.

The Divine Miss M said...

Lordwiggly: What's wrong with hooking up?! Are you feeling lonely?

*wink wink nudge nudge*