Wednesday, December 5, 2007

A 7-point catch up

I’ve been neglecting my blog. But I’m back! And in the past few weeks the following has happened:

1. I met FD’s mom last Sunday. It all went pretty well and apparently he had lunch with her yesterday and she kept asking questions about me, clapping her hands in enthusiasm and kissing him on his cheeks. She’s Italian – so I think this is a good sign.

2. FD met my parents last Sunday. I had been putting this off, with both sides nagging to be introduced and trying to sneakily orchestrate methods of meeting. It all went extremely well with both my mom, and my *gasp* dad giving him the thumbs up.

3. I’ve starting to really enjoy this whole rock climbing thing. Been on real rock twice now and back to the climbing wall several times. FD has even bought me a chalk bag in my favourite colour (green).

4. Met one of FD’s ex-girlfriends and had a mini-internal freak out. She’s prettier than I would like and she’s this wild and crazy free-spirited type who climbs without ropes, rides horses without saddles and thinks nothing of running around in skimpy bikinis and throwing herself against FD. Not so keen on her. Have super casually dug for more information and FD reassuringly pointed out that she’s one of the most arrogant, high-maintenance people he knows and feels sorry for any boy involved with her. This made me feel better. She has since, most annoyingly, found and added me as a friend on Facebook. I’m pretending she doesn’t exist.

5. I’ve celebrated two months of not smoking – going very well, aside from the hubbly which has been smoked on occasion, but I don’t think that really counts. Don’t really miss it at all. In just 3 weeks time my heart attack risk will start to drop and my lung function and circulation will improve (according to the chart next to my desk).

6. I had a rather hilarious evening at The Colon which involved FD, Mr S and the Plumber/Lawyer all being in the same room. What are the chances – too funny.

7. I have jumped and fallen extremely hard for FD. I love every second we spend together, whether we’re doing something silly like drinking Konyagi and ginger ale on deck chairs on my balcony while listening to Jack Johnson at midnight, doing something crazy like dangling off rock faces in Hartebeespoort, doing something mundane like reading the newspaper over a greasy Saturday morning Wimpy breakfast, or doing something completely unromantic like sharing flu medication (both of us were sick this past weekend). I would even go so far as to say that I haven’t ever felt so strongly for someone in such a short space of time.

And I think that’s it in a nutshell. I will definitely be more diligent about posting in the future!

6 comments:

The Divine Miss M said...

Oh honey that is fantastic! I am so happy for you :)

What you wrote though has made me realise that I am going to end it with the guy that I've been seeing when I get back from CT at the end of the year. There just isn't any of that magic and overwhelming desire to be with him as much as possible. We don't do silly things and even though he makes me laugh I can't see it long term. Ah, you've made me feel come to a decision :)

I'm so glad that you're enjoying the rock climbing too! I told you that it is addictive ;) I'm actually going bouldering this even (with my pink chalk bag) and my friends bought my a beautiful harness for my birthday and I have such cute shoes! hehehehe

AND my own ATC and Carrabena (how ever you spell it!)

I'VE MISSED YOU!!!

Simply Curious said...

Welcome back.

Jam said...

@ Miss M - Ya, I've finally realised that you can't force these things (and not for lack of trying, thinking back to the whole 'Broken Arm' debacle at the beginning of this year)

Still a loooong way from bouldering - I'm a big fan of the rope and my belaying is worse than ever, I keep taking off and meeting FD mid-air. But, loving the rest of it and hitting the climbing wall with my green chalk bag this evening. Next purchase will be shoes!

Thanks Simply Curious!

Sweets said...

hello stranger!!!!! i was kinda getting worried, thought you got stuck in that death~cuddle or something! LOL

so glad to hear you jumped, good for you, enjoy every freakin second! you stopped smoking??!!!! *gasp*...i'm impressed! Good to have you back, now keep your promise and blog regularly!

;-)

Jam said...

Sweet ass - LOL @ the death cuddle! It's come close a couple of times but I've managed to escape every time so far... however, if I'm absent for longer than a month without warning, please alert the authorities.

The Divine Miss M said...

Msmozi - get yourself a "daisy chain" for when you're climbing in doors. You clip yourself to the ground whilst you're belaying and that takes all of his weight.

I have to use those when I'm climbing with the boys otherwise I do the same thing!