Thursday, September 6, 2007

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes...

All week I’ve been waking up in the morning feeling like I’m on the cusp of a major change. It’s been a good feeling… like things are just about to take a drastic turn for the better…

Not that I’ve been particularly miserable lately – it’s been more like I’ve been floating around in limbo, neither here nor there…

So this feeling has gotten me thinking about what I’d like to change in my life…

Firstly, my career is potentially on the verge of a major change. I’ve got my annual performance appraisal this afternoon. Six months ago I was told that I was being primed for the position of deputy editor, and if everything went well I’d get my promotion at the time of my evaluation. If it doesn’t happen I’m going to be hugely disappointed… so keep those thumbs firmly held!

Secondly… and this will come as no surprise as a result of my latest blog entries… I’m ready to meet someone spectacular. The Ron has even lent me a book entitled, “Keeping the Love you Find”. I think this is a book that needs to be tucked away completely out of sight from any potentially interesting men visiting my apartment (haha, like there are any). So far, the most entertaining part of the book has been the exercise section – where you have to complete sentences with the first word that pops into your mind. The Ron originally borrowed the book from a very angry and bitter homosexual man, whose answers are still pencilled in. Some gems included “My parents are…. f*ck ups. “Women are… disgusting”… “Men are…. beautiful”. To add to the direness of my non-existent love life, I noticed on Facebook that Italian Ex-Boyfriend is now seeing someone. Her one wall post said – “Hey you, sorry to hear you’re so tired… must be from all the action you got last night, your fault not mine hehehe” Vomit.

Thirdly – I’m planning to quit the cancer sticks on September 25th. Already freaking out about it and smoking myself into oblivion while I still can. I’ve chosen September 25th as I’ve gotta do the bridesmaid thing the weekend before, which is going to require much chain-smoking… and with the 24th being a public holiday, I can literally smoke non-stop the entire day, until I get nicotine poisoning and never want to see another cigarette again. Good strategy huh?

So yes… if any of these changes come into effect in the next week (obviously not the smoking one)… I’ll have this blog entry as proof of my premonition of a positive change lingering on the horizon.




5 comments:

phillygirl said...

OMG. That's the exact same book my friend JofH recommended thru my love chaos - I admittedly only got thru chapter one and struggled with their myriad of questions!
And yesterday I had my share of facebook ex-factor. Found my ex-ex-boyf (The Lying Pilot) had un-privated his profile and the pics of him and his wife (of nearly 3 years!) were proudly on display. This is only slightly painful (since I no longer care a bit for him) because he moved her into our house less than 3 weeks after I moved out! Sheesh.

The Divine Miss M said...

Hey, I hope that you're appraisal went well and let us know what happened!

phillygirl - Facebook stalking is just the coolest thing ever

*runs off to stalk someone*

phillygirl said...

@missm - facebook-stalking is only fun when it's someone from your potential future ... not your sordid past ;)

Jam said...

@philly - Well you're in a successful relationship without the aid of lame self-help books, so I reckon I may just shelve my copy too!

@miss m & philly - A definite enthusiastic thumbs up for stalking future prospects and sharing all the sexiest photos of him with work colleagues - love it!

The Divine Miss M said...

Ah yes, I do that on a regular basis (the stalking of future things) I'm sad like that.

phillygirl - but you know we do still stalk our sordid past ... girls are bad like that

mzmosi - how was the appraisal?!