Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Jambo!

Tonight… or more correctly, in the ridiculously early hours of tomorrow morning (00h40) I will be departing for Kenya.

 

This is definitely one of those moments when I looooove being a journo (or a deputy editor) – I’m going to spending a night at the Serena in Mombasa, before heading a little further up north to a coastal village called Kilifi for the remainder of the stay. It’s one of those perfect work trips, where they haven’t crammed in a million hotel inspections and conferences and instead we’re being left to scuba dive, snorkel, receive spa treatments and wander around town.

 

And as excited as I am about the trip – for some reason everyone has chosen this coming weekend as the one to embark on enjoyable adventures around Jozi.

 

Events I’m missing out on include:

 

1) The Ron’s birthday

2) Joburg Day

3) A wedding – BMXer asked me to go with him as his partner. I’m certain this would have been the night that he looked at me and realised I’m the one he’s been waiting for his entire life.

4) The Supersport United / Pirates game which everyone at work is attending as a teambuilder

 

But I’m sure none of you want to here my moaning about a free trip to Kenya, so I’ll stop.

 

So until the 17th – Kwaheri!

1 comment:

The Divine Miss M said...

Oh I'm so jealous! Have an amazing trip and see you when you get back, you'd better tell us ALL about it!

Men are thick, I'm sure he'll realise this another time too ;)