Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The Broken Arm saga continues…

So everyone is entitled to a little silliness on New Year’s without fear of retribution, right? Wrong!

SMS from The Ron in first week of Jan:
“Just a reminder about Sun City next weekend”

SMS from MsMozi:
“Are you sure you don’t want to just have a romantic weekend away with the girlfriend?”
SMS from The Ron
“ :D Actually… it’s me, girlfriend, Broken Arm, you and another couple…”

Now by this stage, post-New Years desperation, I had realised the total foolishness of my shenanigans with Broken Arm. So had he, I’m sure. I was quite comfortable in the fact that he would probably be disappearing to work in some far off country, like he usually does, in the near future, and we would be able to avoid the awkwardness of seeing each other again for at least a year. Wrong.

Not only were we going to have to see each other again, just two weeks after the New Years silliness, but we would be spending a whole weekend together…. and sharing a room. This is the kind of ridiculousness I have come to expect in my life.

With much trepidation I headed off to Sun City on Friday afternoon. The first evening was only mildly uncomfortable – as I numbed my apprehension with alcohol. Unfortunately, in the process, I numbed my judgement too, and ended up hooking up with Broken Arm again.

In the morning, I woke up in a blind panic. I had to get out of the makeshift bed Broken Arm had created by pushing the two couches together, immediately. I treated him like he had the ebola virus, the entire day. If he went outside, I went inside. If he sat down, I stood up. There was no pushing together of the couches on Saturday night. There were, however, what felt like hours of uncomfortable silences, as the two loved up couples we were on holiday with disappeared into their rooms to ‘click their backs’ throughout the day.

Karma…. What did I do to deserve this?!

1 comment:

Phlippy said...

OMG this is too brilliant