I’m trying to force myself to be more diligent about posting onto my blog. I can’t even claim that my week long silence had anything to do with the amount of work I’ve been doing, because I’ve still managed to find vast amounts of time to read other people’s blogs. Anyway, enough is enough – and I can’t move forward without looking backwards and discussing what was a pretty darn fabulous weekend.
Friday involved dinner at Espressos with K, and later on A. K and I were happily sipping on our mojitos, when A phoned to inform us that her boyfriend had just dumped her via sms. A then joined us at the restaurant, and K and I, fuelled by mojito-induced madness proceeded to trash her ex to bits and pieces. At one point, a poor gentleman sitting behind me turned around and asked me why I was so angry. We worked ourselves up into a total frenzy – cigarettes were being smoked, mojitos were being spilt, and the sound of three angry 20-something women was sending men fleeing in every direction.
A called on Saturday to let K and I know that her and the ex had reconciled. Oops.
Lesson learnt: No matter what kind of bastard-like behaviour has prompted your friend to end a relationship – never ever assume that they won’t be getting back together! This can only lead to the creation of a highly awkward situation the next time you are face to the face with the man you have repeatedly referred to as a passive aggressive and emotionally superficial asshole. Oops.
So I put that behind me, joined K and A for some trashy reality tv and went out for dinner with the folks, followed by a chilled night at home watching tv.
Sunday I was up bright and early for a tree top canopy tour in Magaliesberg. K, her cousin, A, The Ron, his girlfriend and I spent the day in our sexy harnesses sliding along a zipwire across a gorge.
Fabulous.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
LoL - nice lesson learnt re the trashing of exes. Works both ways trust me. LoL. And wowza that harness thing is sexy. Grrrr. I can vividly remember me flicking through channels at my folks house the other day and hitting Patricia Lewis doing that with her arse in tracksuit pants hanging through the harness - she looked down at the camera man holding her bum screaming for him not to film it. I almost fell off the couch laughing. Good value right there
Post a Comment