Chilling at home, watching tv last night left me inspired. Why you ask….
Two words: Horatio Caine
Horatio Caine is the red-haired big boss of the forensic experts on CSI Miami, played by David Caruso. And he is cool. Not just cool, he's cheesy cool.
Don't get me wrong, there's absolutely nothing cool about David Caruso – but Horatio Caine is a different story. He's even cooler than the Hoff – because Horatio is yet to rise to iconic status – he's uncelebrated cheesy cool.
The formula of Horatio Caine's character is one of the only constants in our ever-changing world. The 80s-style sunglasses (and not in a retro aviator kinda way either) which Horatio removes right before calmly delivering his dry one-liner as he slowly stares off into the distance. It's classic.
For your reading pleasure, I've compiled a list of some of Horatio's best – read them slowly and take it all in:
- "Fingerprints are like old habits – they die hard"
- "He is a liar. I just don't know what the lie is yet."
And of course, the ever useful:
- "Alright, be on the lookout for an Eastern European male with bad teeth who may have access to an ape."
Classic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
OMg - you may have started something new here with your Hoff analogy. I personally don't watch TV, but I have seen CSI Miami and Horatio. What I find hysterical is he total repretoire of 3 expressions. ROFL
Are they seriously looking for an Eastern European with access to an ape? Dang! How did they follow me all the way to South Africa? Niert!
But man has he got those 3 expressions down to an art.
I think you can set the talented actors apart from the rest not by their broad repertoire, but rather by their ability to use an extremely limited range of expressions for endless scenarios.
Pure genius. Horatio rocks my world.
He sounds almost as good as John Black from Days of our Lives. He only uses ONE facial expression THE ENTIRE TIME!
If Horatio is genius, John Black is unbelievably super dooper genius.
ROFL - that is EXACTLY who I was likening him to! Wiggly after 21 years of friendship we think so alike :-)
lol lordwiggly - I reckon you better be on the run soon, once Horatio has removed his sunglasses and caught you in his steely gaze, there is no escape.
I'm not sure about this John Black character, I don't watch soapies. And for the record, I also think it's a little weird that both the boys commenting on by blog are regular Days of our Lives viewers - seriously, what's up with that?
I prefer The Bold and The Beautiful. Can you believe that Brooke married the father of her child who happens to be the father of her first husband, even though she is in love with her daughter's husband? Seriously, that soapie is the Sheeyert!
Wow - it's like they took my life and put it on the small screen.
msmozi i know how you feel. The writers at days stole my whole "my mother was possessed by the devil and became a serial killer" experience.
msmozi love you are hysterical!
Post a Comment