The weekend kicked off with reality TV and drinks at Aye and Kay’s place. We got sucked in by the inexplicable appeal of ‘For Love or Money’ and ended up only leaving the house after 10. By then it was clear that our plans for a quiet drink at Giles was out of the question as they were already starting to think about locking up. Instead, we headed off to Melville – starting off at Trance Sky. We immediately got accosted by a Borat lookalike. We were seriously all looking around for the cameras – thinking that this guy couldn’t possibly be for real. Turns out he was.
Borat was Jewish, and ran an Italian restaurant with a Spanish name. Interesting. He asked Aye if we would like to come and join him and his friend for a chat. Aye answered with a very clear and resounding “No”. This did not put Borat off in the least. He’s witty repartee after this included, my personal favourite: “I know I seem really happy, but I can also be very dark and depressed” – That one must be a real winner with ladies.
Eventually we realised that in order to rid ourselves of Borat, we were going to have to move to another establishment. We headed over to Ratz, where Siz joined us for a couple of drinks.
The great thing about Friday was that for the first time in a long while I finally felt like I had my mojo back (This had nothing to do with Borat). Bumped into an old acquaintance in Melville, who kept giving me eyes the entire evening at Ratz – and was also informed by Kay, that Aye’s boyfriend’s friend likes me. I was particularly happy about the latter – as I met him about three weeks ago and had felt a bit of a connection.
Saturday was spent back in the Wild Wild West Rand – love that place. D and I hit Clearwater Mall again – but it turns out that Sunday is Hot Man Day in Roodepoort, not Saturday. Regardless, we had a good time, went on a bit of a spree.
That evening, Siz had decided that the gang should have sundowners at The Saxon hotel. Ended up having a brilliant time – sundowners only ended after 10pm – after vast amounts of wine. We acted like total rock stars – oversized sunglasses on at night, glass of Haute Cabriére in one hand, cigarette in the other. For some bizarre reason, The Saxon only charged us for two bottles of wine, when at least five were consumed. Of course, when drunken, this was taken as a sign from god, a reward for all our fabulousness, so we decided not to point out the error. Feeling really bad about it now though! Especially since I have two work functions at The Saxon over the next two weeks – hopefully I won’t be recognised and arrested on sight.
Anyways, all round a fabulous weekend – hope you all had a sensational one too!
Rock on rock stars!

4 comments:
Congrats on the mojo! Don't worry about the Saxon only charging you for two bottles, the bill you got could probably buy 10 of the same at the liquor store.
Moze, so happy the mojo is back, nothing worse than losing it! im still looking for mine (and my name but thats a different story). nice work :)
OMG I have to use that Borat line one day, "I know I seem really happy..." That cracked me up.
Masetov on the return of the mojo! Agree with Wiggly on the price front ;-)
@Wiggles – True about the overpricing of the wine at The Saxon, but before we knew about their charging mistake, we had decided to make our money back by scoffing down copious amounts of free snacks. I’m beginning to understand why The Saxon doesn’t actively try and encourage 20-somethings to visit their establishment.
@Cuteness – Took a peek at your latest post and it sounds like you found your mojo at the Man-eater! Although, Alex was mentioned a lot in that entry and it sounds like she’s never lost hers.
@Phlips – The problem with Borat is that his use of hopeless chat up lines resulted in fits of hysterics from my friends and I, which has led him to believe that they are successful.
Post a Comment