Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Can you keep a secret?

I’ve been bad this week…. but my blog silence is attributable to a completely mental week, where I’ve been running back and forth between the office and a gazillion work functions. It is also attributable to an interesting weekend, which I’m still trying to decide whether or not to blog about. BUT luckily, I’ve been tagged by Cuteness, which is a brilliant diversion from trying to put my weekend into words.

Rules: Each player starts off with 10 weird things / little known facts about themselves, and this rule MUST be stated in blog. Thereafter, 6 other people must be tagged, here goes:

1. When I was a kid I used to be exceedingly superstitious – which became particularly obvious during my bedtime ritual. I used to have to make it from my door to the bed in three steps, then had to check under my bed for monsters and if I didn’t tell my parents that I would see them in the morning, I was convinced I wouldn’t.

2. My dream job would be performing on stage in musicals. Not the cheesy ‘Sounds of Music’ type – more like the cheesy ‘Rocky Horror Picture Show’ and ‘We Will Rock You’ type. My complete lack of vocal abilities made sure that this was not a path I would ever follow.

3. I can’t eat or touch peaches. Food is not supposed to have fur.

4. I can’t click my fingers or whistle.

5. I also have a serious problem working out which way is left and which is right. This isn’t really a little-known fact as my friends have all gotten used to pointing instead of issuing verbal commands when directing me.

6. I often get the temptation to (but never have the courage to) fill my tank with petrol, hop in my car and just bugger off for a week or two with no set destination in mind.

7. I can’t keep a secret (unless there is a reeeallly realllly good reason to).

8. My biggest fears are losing someone close to me, or ending up alone.

9. If a person dies in a movie, I’m completely fine with it. If a dog dies in a movie, I won’t recover for a week.

10. I cry everytime I watch Extreme Makeover – Home Edition.

I can’t tag six – so I’m just tagging two – Phlips and Wiggles.

6 comments:

Her Infinite Cuteness said...

well sweetness im glad i could help, i was a little worried u were gonna be all to unimpressed with me!!!

Her Infinite Cuteness said...

and yes extreme makeover home edition is incredibly moving!!!!!

Phlippy said...

OMg I got tagged by you too!... Sigh - thanks Mozi

lordwiggly said...

Whats this tagging thing all about? Does that mean I need to write the "10 things you never needed to know about me" thing?

MsMoze just do #6. Fill up your car and drive. Keep going until after dark. 100 bucks says you'll land up at home sipping onna hot chocolate. When we feel the need to get away, often we realise that we just wanted to relax in a comfortable environment in the first place. Unless you meant doing a "red chilli pepper" thing going nowhere slowly. But if you do that, you'll need 2 coloured comedians for company.

Jam said...

@Cuteness – Its always that darn carpenter guy with the glasses that makes me cry. As soon as his magnified eyes start welling up, it’s the end of me.

@Phlips – Mr Popular huh? Going to go take a read right now…

@Wiggles – That’s exactly what this tagging business is about… although blogging in itself is actually a daily essay on the things people never needed to know about me.

Ya, I’m going to have to find myself two coloured comedians then. Guess I’m going to have to go to more open comedy nights in the Cape Flats. I’m also going to have to perfect the soundtrack of road trip style South African music. This sounds like a lot of work.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're back - was seriously worried!!!!!!!