Thursday, October 11, 2007

I dated a genius

On Facebook:

 

Italian Ex-Boyfriend: Is there such a word as ‘been’?

 

MsMozi: Yes – as in ‘how have you been?’

 

Italian Ex-Boyfriend: Fine thanks and you?

 

MsMozi: Um… good thanks – but I was just using the word in context – it’s the past tense of ‘be’

 

Italian Ex-Boyfriend: Oh ok! But I looked it up in the dictionery (sic) and I couldn’t find it – and I’ve been saying it my whole life.

 

MsMozi: That’s because they don’t list the past tense of verbs in the dictionary.

 

Italian Ex-Boyfriend: Wow – thanks so much! So why don’t we ever chat anymore?

 

Yep folks – I dated the man for a year and a half.

5 comments:

phillygirl said...

Paha. We all have one of those hidden in our history somewhere ... someone you didn't quite date for his smarts :) We'll just assume he had other things going for him then!

The Divine Miss M said...

I think that he answered his own question ...

Believe me I have one of those hidden in the wood works too :P

Sweets said...

this is hilarious (lol!)...shame
...i'm with philly...he must have had other major advantages that made you overlook his obvious (ahem) shortcomings...

Mr R Rabbit said...

Brainless isn't always a bad thing, though it gets tiring after a while.

Still, that one's pushing it a little, whether its his native language or not.

Jam said...

@philly & sweetass - to tell you the truth - still trying to work out exactly what those other assets were... I think I may have been in a coma for that year and a half

@Miss M - Exactly.

@rampant rabbit - Italian Ex Boyfriend actually doesn't refer to his native language at all - only his ancestors, so that's sadly no excuse :)