Monday, October 8, 2007

VTs, six packs and the incredible sulk

A good weekend – it started off very relaxed with drinks after work on Friday. As my lips touched the vodka tonic (which may never be called Vodka & Tonic, the & only applies to Gin & Tonic – thank you Mr Spencer) I got a bee in bonnet and decided I needed to go out. Started smsing a couple of friends but kept coming up against a brick wall and eventually decided the best option was to get a DVD and hibernate through the storm. Watched Fracture with Ryan Gosling – not a great flick but Ryan is always good value.

Saturday after the insanity of the AustraliaEngland quarterfinal – Kay and I decided to hit the town and tried out someplace different. We hit yuppie-central – The Baron on Fredman Drive. We were completely unimpressed (aside from the strawberry daquiri Kay was very impressed with) – basically a News Café with unfriendly staff and we reconvened at my apartment for some vino and the strategizing of a new game plan.

We weren’t very creative and decided to just carry on with the Baron theme and headed off to the one in Bryanston – which was also…. Completely crap.

So all there was left to do was to head towards the Colon – even in bad weather it offers guaranteed entertainment.

After ordering our John Deere’s it was half time in the New Zealand – France quarterfinal and I asked the two guys nearest us what the score was. The fantastic thing about The Colon is that was all the spadework that was necessary on my part and the two guys continued chatting to us for the rest of the night.

One of them – who will be known as Free Diver, was cute in a slightly dorky, but free-spirited adventurer kinda way and began to show very clear interest after a while.

A little later, a friend of mine walked through the doors and as fate turns out – he was there to meet up with Free Diver.

Ended up having a bit of snog with Free Diver on the dance floor and discovered that he has one of the most smokin’ hot bodies I’ve had the pleasure of being in the vicinity of in a while (since The Soldier). At the end of the night he said, “So this is when I get to take your number and wait 5 – 7 days before I start harassing you”. I laughed and made a big point of saying “So I’ll hear from you in 5 – 7 days then!”

I didn’t hear from him yesterday and now I’m wondering if he is actually waiting 5 – 7 days before making contact or if I should write him off completely.

Another danger factor – is that C and I made this rather silly bet about a month ago, that both of us would reach 10 snogs for the year by New Year’s eve, or we’d have to carry out a severely embarrassing forfeit which still needs to be devised. Infantile…. I know, but not something either of us are taking too seriously.

Anyway, I told Kay about this bet a while ago and she was outside speaking to the mutual friend of Free Diver and I, after the kiss. As I walked past her she said “Yay MsMozi – that’s Number 6!!!” Which leaves me hoping that she didn’t share this piece of info with the mutual friend (Did you Kay?), because if the tables were turned and I heard someone was labelling me as No. 6 in a list of conquests I don't reckon I'd be too happy. I would definitely like to see him again so holding thumbs that he won’t be yet another that disappears into the void of one-night-only snogs.

Got home to a loooong and fabulous email from The Soldier. I’m still completely hooked.

Sunday I got hit by the cranky bus in a major way. Possibly a slightly delayed nicotine withdrawal but I was not a happy camper. Went to go watch the rugby at Boktown in Monte and sulked for no good reason for most of the game and the rest of the day until I went to bed at 8:30pm. Feeling much happier today though.

5 comments:

The Divine Miss M said...

I've lost hope in all men that I run meet in cluvs and drunkenly snog. I don't think it has ever come to anything more. Sometimes they do call but they only seem to want to take me out in order to get into my pants.

Annoying.

Sweets said...

hmmm...the promise...that sucks...again the "he's just not into you" theory is proven...major suck...sorry girl...men are just the pitts...sometimes...other times they can be quite adorable and do~able...mwhahahaha....good one!

Jam said...

Gosh ladies - does this mean I should abandon all hope of Free Diver ever getting in touch already?? Darn it - and he even got a blog nickname in anticipation of him being mentioned in my blog more than once :)

The Divine Miss M said...

Not necessarily, but I'm a firlm believer in the fact that if he really was interested in you he's sms or call the day after as opposed to all this game playing. Games just aren't worth it. I agree with sweetass though - usually it means they "just aren't that in to you"

Stupid boys.

Let's hope he proves us all wrong though!

Sweets said...

you must excuse me...i am totally cynical about men in general...but never give up....who knows right?!...i would love to be proven wrong!