On Friday I went to the opera. Yep – the opera.
A while ago C asked if I wanted to go to the theatre. She’d gotten some free tickets from a friend and all I really heard was the word ‘free’ so I quickly agreed. Arrived at work on Friday to discover that I had been conned, and was being dragged off for three hours of German opera, with a warbling soprano screaming about her ‘mutter’ or mother, for those out there that don’t speak German. It was terrible. Luckily I managed to escape during half-time… or should I say, interval.
Afterwards, I needed a stiff drink to recover from the trauma so headed off to join the Geek Parade at their usual Friday night watering hole. I love geeks… they restore my faith in mankind – reaffirm my belief that there are people in this world with good souls, innocent intentions and an obsession with tacky, low-budget sci-fi series.
And on Saturday, I finally managed to revisit The
After getting hitting on by two 20-year old KES boys… (such fun being a sugar mommy), we polished off our John Deere’s and hit the road.
And now… I must mention that I have been nicotine free for a whopping 1 week! Think I’m over the worst of it and the cravings haven’t been too bad. The only noticeable side-effect has been completely random and largely unprovoked mood wings, which last no longer than a maximum of five minutes at a time, usually restricted to two or three a day.
I unleashed my wrath upon one of the geeks on Friday night, who tried to blame me for getting his ex-girlfriend drunk about four years ago. She nearly got arrested for drunken driving and he had to come and save her and bribe the cops. Even with nicotine in my system I would have reacted to this accusation, but probably would have held back a little more. Grrrrr, can’t stand people who play the victim – as though I was funneling stroh rum down her throat and then ordering her into her car to drive while intoxicated. Poor Mr Spencer and Kay have also completely undeservedly fallen victim to one of my little moments – but apparently by this time next week my body would have completely physically adjusted to functioning without nicotine.

2 comments:
I've gone two days so far, and I'm already craving and having to keep well away from everyone. Well done.
Stick it out Uncle Bunny - I'm telling you - water, gum and gym and let all smoking buddies know that you won't be seeing them for a while.
Oh and some motivation - apparently after Day 2 - your nerve endings have started to re-grow and your sense of smell and taste are beginning to return to normal.
Post a Comment