Monday, February 12, 2007

The games people play…

Some time ago, I embarked on a little research experiment. I took a couple of my guy friends aside and quizzed them individually on the strange little games and rules that come into play when a group of boys are out on a bender. After much persuasion and plying of alcohol, I managed to discover some interesting little facts about what the opposite sex gets up to… little secrets that they never intended for female ears.

1) The triple crown

This game was played by one specific group of boys, and I’m not sure that it extends beyond this circle. To the best of my knowledge – the triple crown has only been obtained by one of these boys… but I won’t name and shame. The triple crown is awarded to the player who scores three girls in one night – one being white, one black and one Indian or coloured.

2) Hunt the grunt

The most infamous and most widely-known about game – Hunt the Grunt involves a contest to see which one of the boys can find the dodgiest of the dodgy – apparently a particularly popular past time at Rhodes.

3) The 20km rule

Now I can’t quite remember if 20km was the actual distance – but it was roughly thereabouts… The rule was that if the boy’s girlfriend was 20km away or further at any given time, it meant that he was free to do whatever and whomever he pleased.

4) ½ age plus 7

This one is pretty straight forward – it is the male’s method of working out if the girl he plans on scoring is of an acceptable age – so if the boy is 26 – he would half this and add 7, meaning any girl from the age of 20 or over gets the green light.

5) Taking one for the team

This is the reason why boys hunt in packs. If the one spies the girl of his dreams, but then notices standing next to her is her fugly best mate – it is the duty of the boy’s best friend to step in and distract the mate by taking one for the team – leaving his friend the gap to make his move.

6) The game of cricket

This game is quite complicated – it has an intricate scoring system in place. Apparently it works best in crowded places, so I can just imagine how many women have unwittingly fallen victim at spots like Manhattan. If a boy manages to graze against a women’s breast with his arm he gets 1 run. An entire hand on a girl’s boob gets four runs, and both in both hands gets them six. If they get slapped, they’re out.

Ladies… you have been warned – stay tuned for The Games People Play Part II!

10 comments:

Her Infinite Cuteness said...

Hmmmm good food for thought that!
Keping us aware, i like it! nice work moze

Phlippy said...

Wow, I must've been living in a cave. I only know the taking one for the team, although the Wingman bible is legendary

lordwiggly said...

The Triple Crown has other but similar criteria that I have heard of. And nowadays, halving your age and subtracting seven is the only way that some of us can experience schoolgirls again...

Jam said...

Cuteness - Thanks! although Alex probably knew about these games all along... she's probably even played them! :)

Phlips - Hmmm... now I'm beginning to question my decision to post this on my blog - the point was to educate the girls - not give the uncorrupted boys good ideas!

Lordwiggles - Interesting... which criteria did you hear of? You sound like an expert - feel free to email all the info to msmozi@yahoo.co.uk so I can be properly informed for the second installment of the series.

John Nelson said...

Hi there MsMozi,

I linked here from my friend LordWiggly's site. This comment is in regard to your blog in general and not specifically about 'the games people play'. Its been totally surreal all your posts are like if I had written them (or at least collaborated on them) myself. It all seems far too familiar. Funny but familiar.

lordwiggly said...

Hey John Nelson my chaana! Too true, this goose MsMozi sure does spin a yarn straight out of the book I associate with life. Its like we must know each other cos her thoughts are so similar to mine! Excellent value. Although I do not obsess about guitar-playing men.

Demmet, howcome she gets a comment on her site and you've never commented on a single one of my posts? Grrrrrr....

Jam said...

John - Thanks for the visit and the kind words. Just took a look at your blog, loved the Ponto pics - brought back such fantastic memories. And as for the Great White pics - you're much braver than me. I could only just handle the potato bass.

Jam said...

Wiggles – If Michael Bolton played guitar would it help?

Anonymous said...

moze she probably has and will in days to come, but i do not know of her actions... :)

lordwiggly said...

Michael Bolton is a man of many many talents. He is the only man to have ever made Chuck Norris flinch. I would not be suprised if he was ultra-skilled with a guitar!